The Los Angeles Dodgers (13-6) host the Detroit Tigers (6-13) on Saturday at 10:10 p.m. ET, with the Tigers on a six-game losing streak.
The Dodgers are a heavy favorite at home (-345) against the Tigers (+274). The expected starters are Clayton Kershaw (3-0) for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Beau Brieske (0-1) for the Detroit Tigers.
These clubs are playing again after the Dodgers’ 5-1 win over the Tigers yesterday. Tyler Anderson (5.0 IP, 1 R, 5 H, 3 K) picked up the win for the Dodgers. Justin Turner went 1 for 4 with a home run and two RBIs to lead the team on offense. Tyler Alexander (2.1 IP, 4 R, 3 H, 1 K) took the loss on the mound for the Tigers.
Before the Dodgers vs. Tigers game, here’s everything you need to prepare for Saturday’s baseball action.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Detroit Tigers odds and betting lines
- Prefer: Dodgers (-345, bet $345 to win $100)
- Underdog: Tigers (+274, bet $100 to win $274)
- More less : 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get some action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. USA TODAY Network Exclusive Offer: Deposit $10, get $200 bet credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- This season, the Dodgers have won 13 of 21 games, or 61.9%, in which they have been favored.
- Los Angeles hasn’t entered a game this season with moneyline odds shorter than -345.
- Sportsbooks have hinted with the funding line set for this game that the Dodgers have a 77.5% chance of winning.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have scored more than five of their 21 games with a total this season.
- The Dodgers are 13-8-0 ATS in their 21 ATS this season.
Clayton Kershaw (Possible Dodgers starter)
- Kershaw (3-0) of the Dodgers will be making his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance came on Sunday, when he pitched five innings against the San Diego Padres, allowing an earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 34-year-old has pitched in three games this season with a 2.65 ERA, 12.2 strikeouts per nine innings and a .167 batting average.
- Kershaw has three straight starts of five or more innings.
- The Tigers are batting .227 this season, 19th in MLB. They have a .310 team hitting percentage (28th in the league) with eight homers.
Dodgers batting stats
- The Dodgers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 20 homers.
- Fueled by 51 extra hits, the Dodgers rank eighth in MLB with a .395 hitting percentage this season.
- Los Angeles has a .242 team batting average this season, which ranks it 10th among MLB teams.
- The Dodgers scored the fourth-most points in the league this season with 95.
- Los Angeles has a .330 on-base percentage this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Dodgers have shown patience this season with the sixth-best strikeout rate per game (8.2) among MLB offenses.
Tiger Stats and Trends
Tigers Betting Records
- The Tigers have come away with five wins in the 16 competitions in which they have been ranked as underdogs this season.
- Bettors gave Detroit the worst winning odds they’ve seen this season with a +274 money line listed for this contest.
- The funding line set for this game means the Tigers have a 26.7% chance of coming away with the win.
- Detroit and their opponents have passed seven of their 19 games with a total set by sports betting this season.
- The Tigers are 7-12-0 ATS in their 19 games that had a posted line this season.
Beau Brieske (Tigers Probable Starter)
- Brieske (0-1) makes the start for the Tigers, his second of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched Saturday against the Colorado Rockies, when he pitched five innings, allowing three earned runs while allowing three hits.
- In one game this season, he compiled a 5.40 ERA and averaged 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are batting .167 against him.
- He meets a Dodgers offense that ranks fourth in the league with 95 total points scored while batting .242 as a unit. His opponent has a .395 collective hitting percentage (eighth in MLB) and has hit a total of 20 homers (ninth in the league).
Tigers batting stats
- The Tigers have hit the second-fewest number of homers in MLB this season (eight).
- So far this season, the Tigers are averaging .310, the third-lowest average in baseball.
- Detroit’s .227 batting average ranks 19th in the league.
- The Tigers are the third-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.1 points per game (59 overall).
- Detroit is 17th in the league with a .306 on-base percentage.
- Tigers batters bat 8.5 times per game, the eighth-lowest average in the league.
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may derive revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence on such earnings and such earnings are in no way dependent or related to newsrooms or news coverage. To see Tipico.com for terms and conditions. 21+ only. Game problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).