A series opener is scheduled for Monday, with the Milwaukee Brewers (22-13) hosting the Atlanta Braves (16-19) at 7:40 p.m. ET.
The Brewers are home favorites (-131) against the Braves (+110). The game on the mound for this contest is set with the Milwaukee Brewers looking to Freddy Peralta (2-1) and Ian Anderson (3-1) taking the ball for the Atlanta Braves.
The Brewers won 7-3 against the Marlins yesterday in their most recent game. Brandon Woodruff was named the winning pitcher after pitching five innings, allowing an earned run on five hits while striking out six, while Kolten Wong went 2-for-2 with a home run and an RBI to lead them offensively.
The Braves were defeated by the Padres 7-3 yesterday. Dansby Swanson went 1 for 4 with a home run and two RBIs in the loss, while Jackson Stephens suffered the loss at the mound, pitching two innings, giving up two earned runs on three hits while striking out one.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Monday’s Brewers vs Braves action.
Milwaukee Brewers vs Atlanta Braves Odds and betting lines
- Prefer: Brewers (-131, bet $131 to win $100)
- Underdog: Braves (+110, bet $100 to win $110)
- More less : 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get some action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. USA TODAY Network Exclusive Offer: Deposit $10, get $200 bet credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Brewer statistics and trends
Brewer Betting Records
- The Brewers have been favorites in 31 games this season and have won 20 (64.5%) of those games.
- This season, Milwaukee has won 19 of 27 games, or 70.4%, while favored by at least -131 on the moneyline.
- The betting moneyline implies a 56.7% chance of victory for the Brewers.
- Games involving Milwaukee have exceeded the total set by sports betting on 17 of 35 occasions this season.
- The Brewers are 16-19-0 ATS in their 35 games with a spread this season.
Freddy Peralta (probable starter for the brewers)
- The Brewers will send Peralta (2-1) to the mound for his seventh start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he pitched 5 2/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds, allowing an earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 25-year-old has a 4.40 ERA and 11.9 strikeouts in nine innings, with a .231 batting average in six games this season.
- In six starts this season, he’s gotten a quality start.
- Peralta has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will be looking to extend that streak.
- The Braves rank 13th in MLB with 146 points scored this season. They have a .226 batting average this season with 44 homers (fifth in the league).
Brewers batting stats
- The Brewers lead Major League Baseball in home runs with 49.
- Brewers hitters rank third in the majors with a combined hitting percentage per team of .419.
- Milwaukee ranks 12th in MLB with a .236 batting average.
- The Brewers scored the second-most points in the league this season with 171.
- Milwaukee has a .312 OBP this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Brewers rank 29th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves betting records
- The Braves have won six, or 50%, of the 12 contests they’ve been named underdogs this year.
- This season, Atlanta has been victorious twice out of five times when it was named an underdog of at least +110 or more on the moneyline.
- The funding line set for this game implies the Braves have a 47.6% chance of coming away with the win.
- Atlanta games have gone over the total on 20 of their 35 occasions.
- The Braves are 14-21-0 ATS in their 35 games with a line set by sports betting this season.
Ian Anderson (likely Braves starter)
- Anderson gets the start for the Braves, his seventh of the season. He’s 3-1 with a 4.20 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 30 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came Wednesday against the Boston Red Sox, when the right-hander pitched 5 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has a 4.20 ERA and 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season, while giving up a .230 batting average to opponents.
- Anderson is looking for his second quality start of the season in this game.
- Anderson will look to extend a six-game streak by five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.0 innings per outing).
- He’ll face a Brewers offense that beats .236 as a unit (12th in MLB). They also hit a .419 collective (third in the league) with 49 total home runs (first in MLB action).
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves are averaging 1.3 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB action with 44 total home runs.
- So far this year, the Braves rank ninth in baseball with a .395 hitting percentage.
- Atlanta’s .226 batting average ranks 23rd in the league.
- Averaging 4.2 points per game (146 overall), the Braves are the 13th-highest scoring team in MLB.
- Atlanta is 19th in baseball with a .301 on-base percentage.
- The Braves are batting 9.5 times per game, the worst mark in baseball.
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may derive revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence on such earnings and such earnings are in no way dependent or related to newsrooms or news coverage. To see Tipico.com for terms and conditions. 21+ only. Game problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).