Friday at Fenway Park, the Chicago White Sox (10-13) will open a three-game series against the Boston Red Sox (10-16), at 7:10 p.m. ET.
The White Sox (+143 underdog on the moneyline to win) visit the Red Sox (-164). The Red Sox will give the ball to Nathan Eovaldi (1-0) against the White Sox and Vince Velasquez (1-2).
The Red Sox game yesterday against the Angels ended in an 8-0 loss. Jackie Bradley Jr. went 2-for-3 with a brace in the loss, while Tanner Houck pitched 2 1/3 innings, giving up seven earned runs on five hits while striking out four en route to taking the loss.
The White Sox picked up a 4-3 victory over the Cubs on Friday. Jose Abreu (2 for 3 with an RBI) led the way offensively, while Lucas Giolito took the win on the mound after going 5 2/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on three hits while striking out 10.
Before the Red Sox vs. White Sox game, here’s what you need to prepare for Friday’s baseball action.
Boston Red Sox vs. Chicago White Sox Odds and Betting Lines
- Prefer: Red Sox (-164, bet $164 to win $100)
- Underdog: White Sox (+143, bet $100 to win $143)
- More less : 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get some action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. USA TODAY Network Exclusive Offer: Deposit $10, get $200 bet credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Red Sox Stats and Trends
Red Sox Betting Records
- The Red Sox have entered the game as favorites 12 times this season and have won six, or 50%, of those games.
- Boston has played as a -164 or higher favorite once this season and lost that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.1% chance of a win for the Red Sox.
- Boston and its opponents have scored more than eight of their 26 games with a total this season.
- In 26 games with a spread this season, the Red Sox are 14-12-0 ATS.
Nathan Eovaldi (Possible Red Sox starter)
- Eovaldi (1-0) will take the mound for the Red Sox, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched Saturday, when he allowed three hits in seven scoreless innings against the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in five games this season with a 2.51 ERA and 10.0 strikeouts per nine innings with a .218 batting average.
- If he goes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he will get his third consecutive quality start.
- Eovaldi will be looking to complete five or more innings for the third consecutive start.
- The White Sox are batting .221 this season, 24th in MLB. They have a .355 team hitting percentage (20th in the league) with 21 home runs.
- The 32-year-old’s 2.51 ERA ranks 25th, .942 WHIP ranks 22nd and 10.0 K/9 ranks 12th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Red Sox batting stats
- The Red Sox’s 16 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Red Sox offense has a .347 slugging percentage this season, 23rd in MLB.
- Boston has a .229 team batting average this season, which ranks it 17th among MLB teams.
- The Red Sox scored the 24th most points in the league this season with 90 (3.5 per game).
- Boston has a .279 on-base percentage this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- The Red Sox rank 14th with an average of 7.9 strikeouts per game.
White Sox Stats and Trends
White Sox Betting Records
- The White Sox have been underdogs in six games this season, however, they haven’t won in any of those games.
- Chicago has yet to play a game this season with odds longer than +143.
- The funding line set for this game implies the White Sox have a 41.2% chance of coming away with the win.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total in 11 of their 24 games with a total set by odds takers this season.
- In 24 games with a line this season, the White Sox are 9-15-0 ATS.
Vince Velasquez (probable White Sox starter)
- Velasquez gets the start for the White Sox, his fifth of the season. He’s 1-2 with a 4.58 ERA and 19 strikeouts in 17 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing Saturday against the Los Angeles Angels, the right-hander pitched 5 2/3 innings scoreless while allowing four hits.
- In four games this season, the 29-year-old has a 4.58 ERA and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a .264 batting average to opposing hitters.
- Velásquez will be looking to secure his second game of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 4.1 innings per appearance.
- He’ll face a Red Sox offense that ranks eighth in the league with 200 total hits (on a .229 batting average). The team also hits a .347 collective (23rd in the league) with 16 total home runs (26th in MLB action).
White Sox Batting Stats
- The White Sox rank 16th in baseball with 21 homers. They average 0.9 per game.
- So far this year, the White Sox’s hitting percentage of .355 ranks 20th in the league.
- Chicago has the 24th batting average in the league (.221).
- The White Sox are the fourth-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.3 points per game (76 overall).
- Chicago is 28th in the league with a .274 on-base percentage.
- The White Sox batted 7.0 times per game to rank second in the league.
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may derive revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence on such earnings and such earnings are in no way dependent or related to newsrooms or news coverage. To see Tipico.com for terms and conditions. 21+ only. Game problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).