A series opener between the Los Angeles Dodgers (25-12) and Philadelphia Phillies (18-20) is scheduled for Friday at 7:05 p.m. ET at Citizens Bank Park.
The Phillies are an underdog (+125 odds to win) when they face the Dodgers (-146). The Dodgers will give the ball to Julio Urias (2-3) against the Phillies and Ranger Suarez (4-1).
The Dodgers eliminated the Diamondbacks by a score of 5-3 in their last game on Friday. Justin Turner went 1 for 4 with a homer and three RBIs to lead them offensively while Walker Buehler picked up the win after pitching five innings, giving up two earned runs on six hits while striking out four.
The Phillies lost to the Padres yesterday, with Kyle Gibson suffering the loss pitching 5 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs on eight hits while striking out seven. Rhys Hoskins went 2-for-4 to boost the Phillies offense .
To prepare for that Dodgers vs. Phillies showdown, here’s what you need to prepare for Friday’s MLB action.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia Phillies odds and betting lines
- Prefer: Dodgers (-146, bet $146 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+125, bet $100 to win $125)
- More less : 9
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get some action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. USA TODAY Network Exclusive Offer: Deposit $10, get $200 bet credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- This season, the Dodgers have won 28 of 42 games, or 66.7%, in which they have been favored.
- Los Angeles has played 37 games this season with -146 or better and is 25-12 in those contests.
- The bookmakers have hinted with the funding line set for this game that the Dodgers have a 59.3% chance of winning.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have broken the record in 20 of their 42 games with a total.
- The Dodgers are 24-18-0 ATS in 42 games with one spread this season.
Julio Urías (Possible Dodgers starter)
- The Dodgers will send Urias (2-3) to the mound for his eighth start this season.
- The southpaw’s last start came on Sunday, when he pitched 6 2/3 innings while allowing five earned runs on eight hits in a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 25-year-old has thrown a 3.00 ERA this season with 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings versus 2.0 walks per nine over seven games.
- In seven starts this season, he’s had three quality starts.
- Urías will be looking to complete five or more innings for the seventh consecutive start.
- The Phillies are batting .251 this season, second in MLB. They have a .416 team hitting percentage (third in the league) with 45 home runs.
- The Phillies went 8 for 26 with two doubles, four home runs and five RBIs in one game against left-hander this season.
Dodgers batting stats
- The Dodgers rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 39 homers.
- Fueled by 120 extra hits, the Dodgers rank sixth in MLB with a .412 hitting percentage this season.
- Los Angeles ranks seventh in MLB with a .245 batting average per team.
- The Dodgers have scored the most runs (203) in baseball so far this year.
- Los Angeles gets on base at a .331 clip, best in the league.
- The Dodgers have shown patience this season with the eighth-best strikeout rate per game (8.0) among MLB offenses.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have won seven, or 46.7%, of the 15 contests they have been named underdogs this year.
- Philadelphia is 4-2 win-loss when favored by +125 or worse by bettors this year.
- The funding line set for this game implies that the Phillies have a 44.4% chance of coming away with the win.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 19 of their 38 occasions.
- The Phillies are 19-19-0 ATS this season.
Ranger Suárez (Possible Phillies starter)
- Suarez (4-1 with a 3.72 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 36 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Phillies, his eighth of the season.
- The southpaw last pitched Sunday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he pitched 7 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- In seven games this season, the 26-year-old has a 3.72 ERA and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a .259 batting average to opposing batters.
- Suarez is aiming for his third consecutive quality start.
- Suarez is aiming for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per start.
- He’ll take the hill against a Dodgers team that hits .245 as a unit (seventh in MLB). They also hit a .412 collective (sixth in the league) with 39 total home runs (10th in MLB action).
- Suarez has pitched seven innings, allowing three earned runs on five hits while striking out six against the Dodgers this season.
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies rank sixth in baseball with 45 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- So far this season, the Phillies rank third in the league with .416.
- Philadelphia is second in MLB with a .251 batting average.
- The Phillies are the eighth-highest scoring team in MLB averaging 4.6 points per game (175 overall).
- Philadelphia’s .313 on-base percentage is 12th in baseball.
- The Phillies are batting 8.8 times per game, the No. 24 average in the league.
Place your legal online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Dodgers vs. Phillies: Live Stream Info & Game Times
- Match day: Friday, May 20, 2022
- Game time: 7:05 p.m. ET
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
- TV channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Direct: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may derive revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence on such earnings and such earnings are in no way dependent or related to newsrooms or news coverage. To see Tipico.com for terms and conditions. 21+ only. Game problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).