The Sugarloaf Ridge State Park Fitness Hike Series is back! Join us for the 8 week beginner hiking program. Program leaders will guide you through a series of weekly hikes with increasing challenge each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper footwear, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pace, etc.
The hike series is $80, or free for hikers with a 2022 ParkRx from a Sonoma County medical provider. Click here for information about ParkRx.
Please have your ParkRx available at the time of registration, as the number of ParkRx tickets is limited.
The tentative routes are as follows:
1) Sat 5/7 – White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 feet elevation [meet @ white barn]
2) Sat 5/14 – Meadow-Hillside Loop starting and ending at campground, 3 miles, 250 ft elevation [meet @ white barn]
3) Sat 5/21 – Spring Lake-Lake Ralphine Loop 4.3 miles, 250 feet elevation [meet at Annadel’s Cobblestone trailhead parking lot. The nearest address is 6024 Channel Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95409]
4) Sat 5/28 — Stern, Pony Gate and Canyon, 3 miles, 500 ft elev [meet @ main lot]
5) Sat 6/4 — Sonoma Valley Regional Park, 3.1 miles, 502 feet elevation [meet @ at the Sonoma Creek bridge on Arnold Dr]
6) Sat 6/11 – Vista Trail Loop (clockwise), 3.6 miles, 700 ft elevation [meet @ white barn]
7) Sat 6/18 — Neptune picnic table, 7 km, 640 ft elevation [meet @ white barn]
8) Sat 6/25 – Hillside Loop + Vista Trail (counterclockwise), 4.7 miles, 1000 ft elevation [meet @ white barn]
Wear appropriate footwear for muddy or slippery trails and layers, as the group is walking in light rain. Bring water and, if desired, a snack. The group will be limited to 35 participants. Parking fees apply.