A Concord, NH couple who went missing on Monday were found dead days later with multiple gunshot wounds, according to local police.
According to the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office, Stephen Reid, 67, and his wife Djeswende, 66, left their apartment complex around 2:30 p.m. Monday and went for a walk on the nearby Broken Ground trails.
They never returned and when Stephen missed an event scheduled for Wednesday, a relative called the police.
Late Thursday, their bodies were found in a wooded area near the Marsh Loop Trail. Each had been shot several times.
Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Mitchell Weinberg ruled both deaths were homicides.
“This is a tragedy, and this is something that came out of nowhere, and we are doing our due diligence, investing all of our resources, working with our state and local partners, to bring this case to fruition,” he said. Concord police said. Chief Bradley Osgood said at a news conference on Friday.
Osgood also pointed out how generally safe Concord is.
Police said they did not believe there was an ongoing threat to the public, but urged residents to “be vigilant and take normal precautions in their daily lives”.
Anyone who saw the Reids between Monday and Thursday is asked to contact the Concord Police Department at 603-225-8600 or anonymously at the Concord Regional Crimeline at 603-226-3100. Police also asked for any video footage that may have been captured by home or workplace surveillance cameras.
A spokesperson for the New Hampshire Attorney General’s office said Sunday they were “still actively working” on the case.
© 2022 New York Daily News. Go to nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.