Gay campgrounds

Bryan Callen announces ‘leave of absence’ from podcast amid sexual misconduct allegations

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Bryan Callen denied the allegations of sexual assault and misconduct made against him in a new video on social media.

The 53-year-old comedian and actor took to Instagram on Sunday to share a message directly to his fans denying the accusations and announced he was taking a “leave of absence” from his “The Fighter and the Kid” podcast, which he co-hosts. with former UFC fighter Brendan Schaub.

“When you’re in a situation like mine, you get a lot of advice from a lot of different people, and it usually falls into two different categories. Either they tell you to post a statement and disappear, or they tell you to profile low and let the news cycle get away from you,” Callen explained in the post. “Well, for better or for worse, I don’t do any of that.”

ACTOR BRYAN CALLEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT BY SEVERAL WOMEN

The ‘The Goldbergs’ star continued, “I never thought that in a million years I would be sitting here defending myself against something I didn’t do 21 years ago.

“I categorically and absolutely deny all allegations made against me,” Callen said. “I wanted you to see me say that, I didn’t want to post an outdated statement. I wanted you to hear that coming out of my mouth.”

He said his alleged prior actions “are not things I could do, they are not things I would ever do. That’s not how I’ve ever lived my life.”

Callen said he believes in the #MeToo movement because it’s “one of the most important movements of my life, because for the first time in history, it gives women recourse against the abuse of power, and it makes the world a better place”.

COMEDIAN CHRIS D’ELIA DENY SEXUAL HARASSMENT ALLEGATIONS, ‘KNOWINGLY’ PROSECUTING UNDERMINED WOMEN

“But I also believe in due process, and we live in a very strange time where anyone can make an allegation against you and you’re guilty until proven guilty,” he said. “It’s just a fact that only social media and the press can act as judge, jury and executioner… [so] when something like that happens, it’s pretty much the only way to defend yourself.”

Last week the Los Angeles Timesreleased a report in which four women came forward and claimed Callen was sexually inappropriate with them.

Comedian Bryan Callen has denied the sexual misconduct allegations made against him.
(Jim Spellman/Getty Images)

An accuser, Katherine Fiore Tigerman, told The Times that in 1999 the 53-year-old entertainer held her down and forced her to have sex with him even though she told him to stop.

Callen told The Times, “Let me be very clear: I have never raped, I have never forced any woman or offered to trade stage time for sex. ALREADY.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“I know the truth. And I can only hold my head up high, stay true to myself, to my family, to my audience, and know that I won’t let cancel culture overturn what I know and, what is also important, what they know is the truth, he added. .

If you or someone you know is suffering from abuse, please contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673.