Hiking events

Huge update on mysterious deaths of a hiking couple who disappeared from their home before being found dead in the woods

THE reward for information about the mysterious death of a couple found dead in the woods has jumped to $50,000.

The update comes three months after the bodies of Stephen Reid, 67, and Djeswende Reid, 66, were discovered near their home.

2

The Reids went on a hike on April 18 but never returned homeCredit: AP:Associated Press
Their bodies were discovered days later with multiple gunshot wounds

2

Their bodies were discovered days later with multiple gunshot woundsCredit: Google

The pair were last seen alive on April 18, when they left their home in the Alton Woods apartment complex in Concord, New Hampshire at around 2:30 p.m. for a walk in the Broken area. Ground Trails.

On April 21, their bodies were discovered with multiple gunshot wounds, and autopsies concluded that both deaths were homicides.

The anonymous donations increased the reward to $50,000 from its original $5,000, according to the New Hampshire union leader.

Investigators are continuing to search for a person of interest last seen in the vicinity of the April 18 shooting, authorities said.

Haunting first look at house at center of missing girl case as floors are removed
Last haunting message from a hiker to his wife before he died of hypothermia in the snow

A sketch of the person of interest was revealed on May 17 by New Hampshire Attorney General John Formella.

The person of interest is described as a Caucasian male in his late 20s or early 30s who is approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall.

The man in the sketch is of medium build, short brown hair, and no facial hair.

He may have been wearing a dark blue jacket, khaki pants and a black backpack, investigators said.

The motive for the shooting remains unknown.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Concord Police Department at 603-225-8600.

If you would like to submit an anonymous tip, you can do so by calling Concord Regional Crimeline at 603-226-3100 or by submitting a tip online at www.concordregionalcrimeline.com.

‘BE CAREFUL’

Panicked family members raised the alarm two days after the Reids left for their walk, when they failed to show up for a scheduled event.

The couple’s son, Brian Reid, told The Concord Monitor: “The bed was neatly made and a window was open.

“Their two phones are still in the apartment. My dad’s wallet is also still in the apartment, and their two cars are here.”

Police said they received dozens of tips in the case.

New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General Geoff Ward told Boston 25 that he does not believe there is a threat to the public.

But he warned residents to “stay alert”.

Ward and Concord Police Chief Bradley Osgood has so far declined to say whether the shooting was random.

Osgood added, “It’s always a good idea to lock your doors and be alert.”

Godfather and Elf actor James Caan dies at 82
Elon Musk's father mocks his son as tech CEO's 'secret twins' are revealed

Ward said: “Anyone who saw the Reids this Monday afternoon, anyone walking on these trails, anyone with information relating to their disappearance or death, is asked to contact the Concord Police Department about anything. he has seen or heard.

“In addition, anyone along the area where the Reids walked that day, from Alton Woods to Portsmouth Street to Broken Ground Trails, who has a home or commercial security system, is asked to review her recordings to determine if the Reids or anyone else were captured in these videos.”